RangiTaranga is rocking it and how. The film, which has been the talk of town for its simple storyline and impressive songs, has become a must watch film for all kinds of audiences. Director Anup Bhandari shares the actual numbers that go on to prove that the film has in fact broken all records for Kannada films so far.
1. The biggest overseas hit ever. Highest box office collections ever in USA, Europe, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan etc. The overseas collection of RangiTaranga is more than the combined overseas collection of all Kannada films till date. In USA RangiTaranga has made 2.1 crores (still running) almost 10 times more than the second highest grosser Uppi2 which has made about 26 lakhs and Mr&Mrs. Ramachari is at the third place with 8 lakhs
2. Biggest overseas release ever. Highest number of theaters ever in every country outside India. USA 73 screens (1200 plus shows), Europe – 25 plus shows, Australia 15 plus shows, Singapore 6 shows, UK 6 plus shows etc
3. First Kannada film to be completing 50 days in USA if it runs till October 1
4. On the first weekend of it’s release in USA, RangiTaranga had 17 housefull shows in San Jose, California and 13 housefull shows in Edison, New Jersey
. 5. First Kannada film to enter New York Times Box office List. It was top 27 in it’s release week in a list which included Hollywood films
6. Biggest multiplex hit ever in Kannada. RangiTaranga has broken all multiplex records in Kannada. It has the highest collections, highest number of votes on bookmyshow (almost 2200 votes till date which is almost double the second place holder Uppi 2 which has 11,000 plus votes). with over 4000 shows in multiplexes in its 13th week, it will soon go past Mr&Mrs. Ramachari which had 4500 shows at the end of its 29 weeks run.
7. RangiTaranga released in Plaza Super Cinema in UK which has 1300 seating capacity making it the biggest screen ever for a Kannada film outside India. The second biggest screen record is also held by RangiTaranga which had 2 shows in London Safari Cinemas with 612 seats and both shows were sold out weeks in advance
. 8. Biggest release and box office hit all over India outside Karantaka. RangiTaranga released in a record 11 screens in Maharashtra and continues to run well into its 5th week in Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune. It also released in Chandigarh, Kochi, Kolkata and Coimbatore and in most places it is the first ever Kannada cinema to release
9. RangiTaranga is the first Kannada film to release in Sweden, Stuttgart, Belgium, Zurich, HongKong, Malaysia to name a few and it is expected to release in a number of other countries as well in the near future
10. It will be the first Kannada film to have an entire middle east release. It is undergoing censor for middle east and the dates will be announced soon.